Monday, October 18, 2010

Another Short Rant












Watched all 3 DVDs this last week, including bonus material, and my question is: why is every perfomance almost exlusively WHITE? Yes, the screen graphics list (the late) Solomon Burke, Smokey Robinson -- the list goes on -- but do we get to see any of their acceptance speeches or performances? Sure, there are glimpses of some of the soul heroes during the jam sessions, but do they even get a mike?? (Okay, there's a bit with Tina Turner, but come on!) Finally, on the third disc, I see Ray Charles come to the mike -- about time, I'm thinking -- but he's there to induct Billy Joel ?!!?? Am I the only one who finds this terribly, terribly WRONG?
At least in the first DVD, there's a great jam on "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" with a supersonic performance by Prince -- totally blows everyone off the stage.
Okay, rant concluded.
Oh, and, um, my initial post featured the wrong set. The one at the top is correct, the one following yet to be viewed -- but from the track list, I have hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment