Monday, April 22, 2013

Huh?



Got this from the library. The booklet/liner notes never made it past processing, I guess, so I have no idea who's playing on this. Word is that it's "Bryan Ferry" in name only; no vocals and no input into the arrangements. And the arrangements -- someone had the idea to retool Roxy Music & Bryan Ferry songs as if they were performed in the 1920's, so we can imagine F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda at the bar as "The Bogus Man" and "Love Is the Drug" play in the background.

I'm sure that seemed like an interesting idea, but...um, who wants to listen to this? What's the target market? Who the heck would BUY THIS??? The arrangements are spot on, the engineering sounds like tinny, scratchy 78s, but...WHO WOULD BUY THIS??? It's a "great idea" that I'm guessing nobody cares about.  I forced my family to listen to this 2 1/2 times, and our vote: HUH??

Next entry: hardly any capital letters!

No comments:

Post a Comment