Monday, October 28, 2013

Remembering John Fahey: A Work In Progress



Hoo-wee. So many albums, so little time! As someone said once, you either have one John Fahey album or you have at least ten. I fell headlong into Category 2, so I need to do more homework before reporting back on my suggested Fahey purchases. To repeat an earlier review, "Return of the Repressed" captures tracks across the spectrum, but it falls off near the end when it includes John's post-illness tracks. BUT it's the best collection to date. Buy it. I'll pay you back if I'm wrong (all three of you followers!)


Still, it may try to include too much, but jeez, this collection (The Best of John Fahey 1959-1977) ... No problem with the tracks selected, excellent in that regard...but the track list on the disc is wrong. The songs listed are all on the CD, but NOT in the order presented. Think I'm being a bit anal? This is on Takoma Records, which John Fahey founded, and they can't get the track listing right on his first "Best Of"??!? 
Talk about a prophet in his own country getting 
NO RESPECT!! 

More to come --- mostly recommendations, not rants! 


No comments:

Post a Comment