Monday, March 17, 2014

Saint Patrick and the Banshee


My family has quite the Irish background, yet I'm not really much of a fan of Irish music. I think I have 4 Irish CDs, 3 of which I got for free because I was the music purchaser at one of my jobs. And the one I paid for ("The Lilting Banshee") was $1.99 at Value Village. Unfortunately, the copy I have is the Musical Heritage Society reissue, not the cool Saydisc original pictured here.


"The Lilting Banshee" is an instrumental collection featuring Irish pipes, harp and bodhran. Very pleasant, though the inclusion of a Howard Jones song baffles me.

There have been Irish albums in the past that I've enjoyed very much, but I never made the upgrade to CD. Maybe it's time to reconnect with the Bothy Band, the Chieftains and early Clannad. After all, you're only Irish once! 

No comments:

Post a Comment