Sunday, March 29, 2015

Spring Cleaning




 
 
 
Got an early start to spring cleaning this year, as if I actually DO any spring cleaning. But this year I decided to lighten the load and clean out a closet or two. A few years ago, my wife and I were very close to chucking everything and moving into an apartment above a record store (which we were in negotiations to buy.) It didn't pan out, so finally I decided that all the books, magazines and ephemera I'd been saving for "the store" were no longer needed. Got rid of 3 boxes of magazines and two boxes of books, and they all went to a fellow collector. I think the fact that they went to a good home helped make the transition pain-free. And now I don't identify myself as a "collector" (not that I ever really did) -- AND when my wife and I eventually move, everything we own can fit inside a small U-Haul truck!   


No comments:

Post a Comment