Sunday, March 27, 2016

Tim Cheesebrow







I hadn't heard of Tim Cheesebrow until my buddy Ken passed along an advance copy of his new CD "Crooked Lines". Now, I'm so old that almost everything I hear reminds me of something else I've heard, and sure enough, one listen to Tim's voice and I immediately heard Clive Gregson (once with Any Trouble and Christine Collister). Tim's music isn't really anything like Clive Gregson's, but he does share the same clear, powerful voice, straight from the heart and hitting for the fences.

A few of the songs on the CD jump right out: "Lullabye", "You Are My Everything", "Take My Hand" and the title track, while many of the others hook you with the subtle arrangements and the variety of instrumentation. It's an extremely well-crafted album, part Americana, part country, heartfelt and worth repeated listening. (More information about Tim Cheesebrow and many other fine artists at www.newfolkrecords.com)




No comments:

Post a Comment