Sunday, February 14, 2010

Special Valentine Disc Pick!

One of my favorite memories involves this album, Doug's tribute to the bands and songs that he covered in his juke box/bar band days. In my opinion, Doug deserves a whole week's worth of posting, but for now, I'll talk about this one (allow me, dear reader a V-day tribute). I am a terrible dancer, as friends have been blunt enough to tell me, but I really like to dance in my own clumsy fashion. This album is a menu of fast, slow and mid-tempo songs designed to get the floor packed with shuffling cowboys and even people like me. So, our family version featured me, stomping unrhythmically around the kitchen floor, with my dear wife, hanging on as best she could while our son, grasping a mop, lip-synced Doug's raspy renditions. Thanks Ben, for being the MC for our romantic evening, and thanks, Deborah, for being so sweet despite the mangled toes and Tarzan dance moves.

No comments:

Post a Comment